The ROM III employs the same water filtering capabilities as the ROM II, but adds another level of protection against volatile organic chemicals and MTBE that may exist in the water. This method of filtration also reduces contaminants such as arsenic, lead, copper, sodium, nitrates, fluoride, cysts and TDS.
The ROM III offers additional features, such as:
* Reduction of lime and scale build-up in appliances that use water
* More efficient filtering, which requires less frequent cartridge change
* Fresh water on demand
* A lower operating cost that is below the price of bottled water
The ROM III also:
* Finely polishes treated water to premium quality for drinking and cooking.
* Reduces chlorine taste and odor.
* Reduces dirt, rust, asbestos fibers and other particulates such as oxidized iron, manganese and sulfides.
* Reduces parasitic protozoan cysts such as Giardia, Entamoeba and Cryptosporidium.
* Controls even extreme levels of common “off” tastes and odors, including those that are earthy, moldy and fishy.
* Reduces lead to below the Federal Action Level.
* Effectively reduces VOCs, including trihalomethanes (THMs).
* Effectively reduces methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE).
* Inhibits limescale build-up in water-using applications.
* Is certified by NSF/ANSI in the reduction of arsenic, barium, cadmium, chromium, copper, fluoride, lead, nitrate/nitrite, selenium, radium, cysts, sodium, MTBE, VOCs and chloroform.